Liberon Steel Wool 250g is available in seven grades, ranging from Ultra Fine 0000 through to Fine to Medium 00, 0, 1 and Medium to Coarse 2, 3 and 4.
Also Available: 100g, 1kg and 6kg.
Liberon Steel Wool is produced using a high quality steel to create crumble and dust resistant wool that is virtually oil free.
Liberon high quality steel wool is recommended for cleaning, preparing and maintaining wood and metal finishes. 0000 Steel Wool is ideal for applying wax polishes.
Approved by the Guild of Master Craftsmen
Grade 0000: Polishing and cleaning delicate surfaces
- Use to cut back between coats of French Polishes, varnishes and oil finishes
- Use to clean and polish metals such as bronze, copper, chrome, stainless steel and aluminium
- Use to cut back between coats of varnish or paint
- Use with soapy water to clean and polish porcelain, marble and glass without marking
Grade 00, 0 & 1: Light cleaning and surface preparation
- Use with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover to remove built-up wax polish, smoke and dirt on wood
- Use to clean, smooth and prepare wood or metal surfaces before re-polishing, waxing, varnishing or painting
- Use with a suitable solvent for light to medium cleaning of all metals
Grade 2, 3 & 4: Heavy cleaning and paint and varnish removal
- Use with Paint Stripper to remove softened French Polishes, varnishes, lacquers and paints from wood and metal surfaces
- Use to remove rust
If in doubt use a finer grade of Liberon Steel Wool
Please note, always test products on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for compatibility and end results.
Precautions: To avoid cuts never tear steel wool, cut to size with scissors or shears and always protect your hands with gloves when handling.
Available in: Depending upon the grade: 100 g, 250 g, 1 kg, 6 kg
Please see the Liberon video below giving valuable hints and tips on wood preparation - the key to a professional finish:
For the full range of quality wood finishing products, please see our Liberon Product pages.
Liberon Steel Wool 250g Reviews
| UK Mainland|
2-3 Days 1
FREE - Orders over £40
| Express Delivery||Next Working Day 1||£4.95|
2.50 - Orders over £40
| Premium AM||Mon-Fri Pre 12|
Mon-Fri Pre 10.30AM
| Premium Saturday ||Saturday 9:00-17:00 ||£9.95|
Scottish Highlands, Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man
| Standard Delivery|| 3-4 Days|| £6.95|
| Northern Ireland|
| Standard Delivery||3-4 Days ||£9.95|
| Republic of Ireland and Channel Islands|
| Standard Delivery ||3-4 Days||£14.95|
1 Order online before 5pm Monday - Friday for same day dispatch.Highland Postcodes:
AB30-38, AB44-56, FK17-21, G83, IV (all), KW0-14, PH17-32, PH34-48
Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyllshire, Ayrshire, Caithness, Highland, Invernes-shire, Perthshire, Ross-shire, Stirlingshire
BT (all), HS1-9, IM (all), KA27-28, KW15-99, PA20-99, PH33, PH49-99, PO30-41, ZE (all)
Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Scottish Islands