Barrettine Wood Protective Treatment 5 litre will nourish and protect rough sawn or smooth exterior timber, with a water repellent film containing biocides to prevent surface growth of mould or algae.
It is solvent based for better timber penetration, leaving a transparent water repellent finish which allows the wood grain to show through.
As seen in the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Garden Magazine and at Hampton Court 2019!
- UV Fade Resistant coloured pigments
- Oil/ Solvent based Deep Penetrating formula
- Suitable for rough or smooth timber
- High wax content
- Excellent water repellancy
- Insect and plant safe when dry
All Colour Charts: Wood Preservers and Exterior Wood Stains
For alternative wood preservers please also see Barrettine Premier, Cuprinol Shed and Fence Protector, Ronseal Shed and Fence Treatment or Barrettine Premier Woodworm Treatment for an internal use woodworm killer.
Brush, Roller or Spray applied
Coverage 6 SqMtrs per Litre per Coat
2-3 coats required
Clean equipment with White Spirits
Barrettine Wood Protective Treatment - 5 litre Reviews
| UK Mainland|
2-3 Days 1
FREE - Orders £40+
| DPD Express||Next Working Day 1||£4.95|
£2.50 - Orders £40+
FREE - Orders £90+
| DPD Pre 12||Mon-Fri Pre 12||£9.95|
| DPD Saturday ||Saturday 9:00-17:00 ||£9.95|
Scottish Highlands, Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man
| Standard Delivery|| 3-4 Days|| £6.95|
| DPD Express||2 Day||£14.95|
| Northern Ireland|
| Standard Delivery||3-4 Days ||£9.95|
| DPD Express||2 Day||£19.95|
| Republic of Ireland and Channel Islands|
| Standard Delivery ||3-4 Days||£14.95|
| DPD Express||2 Day||£19.95|
1 Order online before 5pm Monday - Friday for same day dispatch.Highland Postcodes:
AB30-38, AB44-56, FK17-21, G83, IV (all), KW0-14, PH17-32, PH34-48
Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyllshire, Ayrshire, Caithness, Highland, Invernes-shire, Perthshire, Ross-shire, Stirlingshire
BT (all), HS1-9, IM (all), KA27-28, KW15-99, PA20-99, PH33, PH49-99, PO30-41, ZE (all)
Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Scottish Islands
Barrettine Wood Protective Treatment - 5 litre:
The pigmented coloured versions have good UV fade resistance and give additional protection against weather damage.
- Ensure the wood to be treated is dry, free from dirt and repellent coatings such as paint or varnish. (remove and sand down as required).
- We recommend using a biocidal wash or Garden Cleaner prior to treatment.
- Apply by brush, dip, roller or Giozper solvent compatible sprayer.
- Coverage: 1 litre 6 sq metres/ litre/ coat. based on 2 coats
- Drying times: 24-48 hours under normal conditions.
- Best results – recommend 2-3 coats.
- Clean equipment with White Spirit.
- Always read the label before use.
For bare or untreated timber we would recommend either first treating with Barrettine Premier Universal Preservative Treatment or using the Barrettine Premier Wood Preserver which contains a far higher biocide content.